Business Development (m/f)- Berlin
Green City Solutions GmbH
Berlin – Germany
EUREF-Campus 7-8, 10829 Berlin
Green City Solutions – Green City Solutions addresses the global problem of air pollution by combining special, vertically installed moss cultures with Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology.
The product, called the “CityTree”, combines specific plants that eat particulate matter (PM), nitrogen oxides and ozone – thus offsetting 240t of CO2e/year in total. The plant filter has the same efficiency as 275 urban trees, but requires 99% less space. The construction contains sensors collecting environmental and climatic data, to regulate and control the unit and maximize the effect. Thanks to solar panels and rain water retention systems, the unit requires only a few hours of maintenance per year. By using technologies like WiFi, iBeacon, NFC and digital screens, CityTrees can also transmit digital and visual information.
From wearing a suit and talking to international high-level executives to getting your hands dirty in our prototyping department, your role as a Business Developer at Green City Solutions is focused on researching current and future markets and trends and creating products with our engineers to address them. You should adapt a broad perspective and anticipate trends from different fields – especially those from industries with hidden potential. Working with Green City Solutions will ultimately give you a deep perspective of what is happening in our company. Therefore, it is essential that you combine an interest in hardware and software engineering with your ability to research and implement scalable solutions. You are an adaptable and fast learner and able to use every tool at your disposal – market analysis, industrial fairs, and customer contacts, in order to understand and effectively tackle tough problems.
- Identify new business models and develop them from the first prototype to a pilot project
- Create market analysis and recognize growth opportunities to expand the customer network
- You get into: Big Data, SmartCity, IoT, Certificates (for example CO2, DGNB), OOH Advertisement
- Advance application and market knowledge through intensive exchange with external partners and customers
- Exploit new application fields for our technology and evaluate the profitability
- Develop innovative solutions with respect to the fields Product Management, Marketing, Sales and Costumer Service
- Set up a network consisting of IIOT / Industry 4.0 players and represent Green City Solutions at events
- BS/MS in Business, Engineering or related field, ideally a MBA
- You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to drive our business and company success forward
- 2+ years of experience in a fast growing environment, ideally gained in a startup or consultancy
- Willingness and courage to implement innovations within a traditional industry
- Experience in Business Development as well as experience to acquire new customers and markets
- You have strong negotiating skills and a confident manner
- You desire to make own decisions and you have a hands-on mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in German and English
- You can contribute with your ideas to discussions and develop them
What you get from us
- You work in our team, that realises ideas in the fields of environment, climate, architecture and design
- We are a dynamic growing, young company with good promotion prospects
- We have great team spirit
- We will provide you with the freedom to develop and attend our dynamic growth in the European, Asian und Arabic market
Do you want to be part of our team, support our success and enjoy your work? Do you want to improve the quality of life in cities all over the world?
Send your application to v.splittgerber[at]mygcs.de!